Mechanical Engineering Department
Mechanical Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Mechanical engineering is traditionally broken into a number of sub-disciplines. It is the second-oldest engineering discipline after military engineering and it is defined to distinguish non-military engineering from military engineering. Mechanical engineering takes place in the public sector from municipal to national governments and in the private sector from individual homeowners to international companies.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been in existence in IEC College of Engineering and Technology since 2008 and has grown into a full-fledged department. The departmental activities embrace Planning, Design, Construction and Management. The Discipline of Mechanical Engineering offers four years undergraduate B.Tech. Program and two years postgraduate M.Tech program.
This course is approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, New Delhi (India) and affiliated to Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (www.aktu.ac.in) formerly UPTU (Uttar Pradesh Technical University). To build a strong theoretical and practical foundation of Mechanical Engineering, students are provided deep knowledge in the field of structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, transportation and bridge engineering, water resources and hydraulics, surveying, structural design and drawing, environmental engineering, construction technology and management.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering includes the following laboratories with modern and advanced equipments and software.
- Auto Cad Lab
- Building Material and Construction Testing Lab
- Building Planning and Drawing Lab
- Computer Aided Design Lab
- Engineering Geology Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Fluid Mechanic Lab
- Geoinformatics Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Hydraulics and Hydraulics Machine Lab
- Structural Analysis Lab
- Structural Detailing Lab
- Surveying Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Concrete Lab
The vision and mission of Mechanical department are as follows:
To be a Centre of excellence globally that brings out civil engineers with high technical competencies and promotes high-end research to meet the current and future challenges in civil engineering.
- To impart quality technical education and training to the students to make them competent Mechanical Engineers and thereby contribute to National development.
- To promote quality education, research and consultancy for industrial and societal needs.
- To provide Industry Interaction to facilitate students.
- To organize development program for faculty and student.
- To develop alliances with R&D organizations and various values added programs to enhance their technological knowledge
- To make capable for identifying, analyzing, preparing and solving different challenges of Mechanical Engineering.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses.